“If you look closely you’ll see life is seldom made of those big, huge victory moments but rather small tiny steps towards improvements.”
Last week I had such a terrible week filled with waiting and anxiety and doubt and complete hopelessness. I felt exhausted and so lost. I hate feeling lost, unsure of the next step, unsure if I can even take another step. I truly believe in times like this everybody should have a list of small wins for when you need to feel accomplished and centered fast, sort of like a quick
pick-me-up built-me-up. If you look closely you’ll see that life is seldom made of those big, huge victory moments but rather small tiny steps towards improvements.
I am talking about small wins. I am not talking about running a marathon while you’ve barely left the couch in the past 10 years. The key point here is it has to be something that makes you feel good and accomplished. It should be a list of small but significant actions that can be done quickly. Naturally that list is going to be different for each person.
A FEW THINGS ON MY LIST OF SMALL WINS (don’t judge me, ok?🙄)
- Looking at my husband and realizing how much I’ve lucked out with this one… Let’s not say that out loud lest he starts feeling too cocky…😏🐍
- Working on a blog post even if it’s just for two minutes makes me feel empowered and I actually tend to be much more efficient when I know I only have 2 minutes. Plus knowing it’s only 2 minutes takes away my excuses not to do it. Quick confession: It also makes me feel very cocky💃
- Doing my nails💅: Now this may not seem like much but considering how many people walking around with nails that would put Shrek to shame, I’d say it’s a pretty big accomplishment💪😌😏
- Sporting a full face of makeup early morning (emphasis on EARLY MORNING please!) when most people look like they haven’t left their bed since 2019🐍💃. Yes, I like looking like I tried….
- Comparing my skin to people who are supposed to be younger than me but yet look at least 10 years older….I am petty I know…🐍😏
What about you dear readers? What are the small things you do to feel accomplished and centered fast? Do share, please!
Gros bisoux and talk soon🐍😘