In this week’s episode of things I’ve done to avoid dealing with real life problems…
“The following could easily be filed under “new low” BUT is it really a low when you know upfront how low you’re willing to go?”
First, let’s weed out the “tackle it now” crowd with a couple of meaningful questions😉.
Has your shit hit the fan and people are dropping like dead flies but somehow you still can’t smell it?
Do you routinely give advice you don’t even know how to apply in your own damn life?
Do you look like you always have your shit together even when you’re basically walking around in a deep state of coma?
If so I have a list of small changes that you’re gonna love. These are things I’ve personally done instead of tackling real life problems. Thank me later.😼🐍
- Shaving my head hoping it’ll uncloud my judgement🙄. The minute all my hair’s gone I morph into a puddle of regret, despair and bad decisions.
- Make a five-year plan for my husband hoping he’ll make it big and I, yours truly, can finally shop all day. Conniving and delusional…an unbeatable combination, if you ask me 🐍😏
- Call my niece and give her “life advice” I myself never practice. Luckily for me she’s a very polite young lady: She just answer the call two weeks later.
- Go shopping with money I don’t have hoping a new look will give me a new outlook on life. It’s all about “investing in yourself”…you know…new look, new attitude…😔
- Paint my nails a bright colour hoping it’ll bring clarity and direction into my life.
- Revisit a 5-year plan and pretend it’s a brand new one. Well, technically yes, since I don’t remember doing any of it.😝
- Call a long time bestie and speculate on the meaning of life without ever mentioning any action plan. We usually finish by rounding up the usual suspects: our parents.
Of course, all of this could be filed under “new low” BUT is it really a low when you know upfront how low you’re willing to go?
Now that you know all my secrets, I hope you won’t mind sharing yours😛. Go on and share! I won’t tell!
Gros bisous and talk soon!😘🐍