In this week’s episode of things I’ve done to avoid dealing with real life problems…
“The following could easily be filed under “new low” BUT is it really a low when you know upfront how low you’re willing to go?”
First, let’s weed out the “tackle it now” crowd with a couple of meaningful questions😉.
Has your shit hit the fan and people are dropping like dead flies but somehow you still can’t smell it?
Do you routinely give advice you don’t even know how to apply in your own damn life?
Do you look like you always have your shit together even when you’re basically walking around in a deep state of coma?
If so I have a list of small changes that you’re gonna love. These are things I’ve personally done instead of tackling real life problems. Thank me later.😼🐍
- Shaving my head hoping it’ll uncloud my judgement🙄. The minute all my hair’s gone I morph into a puddle of regret, despair and bad decisions.
- Make a five-year plan for my husband hoping he’ll make it big and I, yours truly, can finally shop all day. Conniving and delusional…an unbeatable combination, if you ask me 🐍😏
- Call my niece and give her “life advice” I myself never practice. Luckily for me she’s a very polite young lady: She just answer the call two weeks later.
- Go shopping with money I don’t have hoping a new look will give me a new outlook on life. It’s all about “investing in yourself”…you know…new look, new attitude…😔
- Paint my nails a bright colour hoping it’ll bring clarity and direction into my life.
- Revisit a 5-year plan and pretend it’s a brand new one. Well, technically yes, since I don’t remember doing any of it.😝
- Call a long time bestie and speculate on the meaning of life without ever mentioning any action plan. We usually finish by rounding up the usual suspects: our parents.
Of course, all of this could be filed under “new low” BUT is it really a low when you know upfront how low you’re willing to go?
Now that you know all my secrets, I hope you won’t mind sharing yours😛. Go on and share! I won’t tell!
Gros bisous and talk soon!😘🐍
In my blogging journey, I’ve had days when I was so excited to write a blog post my hands could barely keep up with my thoughts. I’ve also had days when I’d gladly chose to be a loser for the rest of my life than sitting down at my computer and write a simple blog post. So I thought I’d give you a glimpse into my “thought process” or the lack of it when inspiration and motivation have left the building without as much as a fair warning.
In this week’s episode of things
I’ve done still doing to avoid writing on this blog😏🙄
- Call a long time bestie to discuss the latest skin care hacks and compare notes. Believe it or not beautiful, shiny skin can and will make you look more successful than you actually are…thank me later😎
- Review my vision board and double-check if having a blog really fit into my plan for my life🧐
- Nag my husband about something that happened way before we even met and hold him personally responsible. Unbelievable, I know…Dear husband has recently stopped falling for that one. Now he patiently wait until I finish rambling, opens my computer, pulls out a chair and instructs me to start writing ASAP.🤦🏾♂️🤷🏾♀️
- Paint my nails a bright colour to get in a “writing mood” except nail painting is usually closely followed by full-face makeup plus a couple of YouTube videos on how to “sort out your life”. At this point I am officially down the rabbit hole and there is no turning back…ever.😵🤪
- Wake up at 5:00 o’clock specifically to write but first start by watching a movie to relax. Promptly fall asleep and wake up just in time for work.😴🤤
- Make myself a coffee. Once coffee’s ready, realize I really want a latte. Makes latter and go watch 30 minutes of something…anything…
- Go through contact list and see who I haven’t called in a while and promise myself I’d start writing as soon as I give them a call. By the time I am done, it’s night time.
- Briefly check the same Instagram account to see if anything has changed since the last time I checked which is probably half a second ago.
- Write a list of things to do that should have been done 10 years ago.
- And the list goes on….
Of course while I am doing all this dear husband is patiently observing and trying to gauge when I might exactly…finally…start writing that long-awaited blog post until of course he loses patience and instructs me to start writing now.
As you can see no stone is left unturned in the war against productivity.
Now that you know all my top tips for the most unproductive day, I hope you won’t mind sharing some of the stuff you do to avoid doing things that you know you have to do. Please do share! Bisoux😘🐍